Theme for 2016-2017:
What Is Your Story?
Deadline: October 21 by 3pm
Reflections is open to all Laguna Beach USD students. Entries must be the work of one student, show a connection to the theme “What Is Your Story?” and include an entry form, title and artist statement. Entries due in the TOW front office on Friday, October 21st by 3pm.
All students are invited to participate and submit original artwork in one of six areas:
- Film Production
- Visual Arts
- Music Composition
- Dance Choreography
Artworks are submitted first to school-level PTAs (like ours), where they are first recognized, celebrated and judged by five grade-level divisions, while a non-judged Special Artists division celebrates student artists with special needs. We then choose a selection of entries to be judged by local PTA units, which are then sent on to councils and then districts for consideration. The final artworks submitted to California State PTA by districts are then considered for Awards of Excellence or Awards of Merit. Award of Excellence entries then go on to represent California in the final National PTA judging round.
Please read the general rules and review the following:
- General Rules – available in English and Spanish
- Abridged Summary of Rules – available in English and Spanish
- Dance Choreography – available in English and Spanish
- Film Production – available in English and Spanish
- Literature – available in English and Spanish
- Music Composition – available in English and Spanish
- Photography – available in English and Spanish
- Visual Arts – available in English and Spanish
- NEW 3-D Artwork Guidelines – available in English
- Special Artist – available in English and Spanish
- Art Form Identification for Photography and Visual Arts – only available in English
State-level Award of Excellence honorees receive:
- The opportunity to showcase their artwork at the California State PTA Convention
- Prizes including an Award of Excellence medal, certificate and a $100 savings bond presented on stage at convention
- An expense-paid trip for the award-winning student and one parent/guardian to convention.
National-level Award of Excellence honorees are recognized at the National PTA Convention, plus their artworks are featured in Reflections’ popular traveling national exhibit.
PTA’s national Reflections Art Program has brought the arts to life for more than 10 million students since 1969.
Reflections encourages students of all ages to:
- Unleash creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the fun and joy of making art
- Tap into critical-thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art
Questions? Contact Jennifer Baker.